Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dreams....Reachable

Well for at least the whole time I have been married I have wanted to be a teacher.  Children are just so fun to work with and you learn so much everyday working with them.  Working with children is what has brought me the most happiness in my past (until I had my own little bundle of joy).  They just light up my life, getting to know them and making a difference in their lives.  It took me WAY longer than it should of to finally get my Bachelor's degree, but after 5.5 years it became reality.  I thought I would never get there, but I did and have the pretty diploma to prove it.  Funny how that little piece of paper shows one of my big accomplishments thus far in my life...but it sure does and I smile every time I look at it.

Well this week I have begun my next step to this dream I have longed for, for a few years.  I began my Master's in Education.  I can not tell you how excited I was to start.  Along with this excitement was also fear and nervousness.  The fear I will fail, the nerves of, am I taking on too much?  Is this the right time to do this?  Can I do this?  Will I be a good teacher?  All those things have run through my head this week.  But at the end of the day this IS what I want and this IS what I am good at.

Now I would be lying if I said it has been easy this week...it has been the opposite...difficult.  It is a big adjustment doing school while taking care of a 8 week old baby.  Also it does not help that Derrek has duty all month, meaning he in on for 24hrs and off for 48hrs.  Those 48hrs are nice, but the 24 make it hard, but I have done it thus far.  It will take time learning to manage my time with Grayson, school, cleaning, cooking, social life, sleeping, working out (walking) and improving my marriage.

I KNOW I can do this and you know why I know this?  Cause I have some amazing people in my life to offer encouragement, support, help with Grayson and just all around people who believe in me.  Having these people believe in me, makes it easier to believe in myself.  Who said you can't be a Mom AND follow your dream career?  Well I will accomplish both of those cause that is what I have always wanted in my life...to be a mom AND a teacher.

And just for everyone to see an update on my lil Monkey here he is....
On Sunday we got professional pictures done of Grayson for his birth announcements, 2 month pics, family pics and just to document him growing up.  We found the greatest photographer who is so creative and was super sweet and amazing with Grayson.  There is a preview of the shoot (in case you have not seen em) on her blog at http://creativeflairphotography.com/blog/2010/10/all-lashes-el-paso-baby-photographer/#comments.  I can not wait to see the rest of them.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment