Sunday, October 10, 2010

Miscarriage story and birth story...

I know these two, birth story and my baby loss story, do not go together.  But I have not written out in details either of these.  Both were hard for me to live through and hard for me to write about.  Though one obviously had a long lasting aching pain left in me and the other has an amazing life changing in only great ways affect on my life, they both were hard for me to live through...for lack of a better term.  I am setting a goal for myself to have both stories written by next week.  My first focus will be my loss story cause with the 15th approaching (infant and pregnancy loss day) I feel it can only help me grow by writing the full story in detail and sharing it.  Mainly I am hoping for some healing and ways to connect with that pain in order to helps others and come to understanding of it all.

PLEASE do not get me wrong about my birth story be like my loss story.  It is not.  The birth story, ended with the greatest gift I have ever gotten, but the journey for me was rough and almost scaring to me.  Plus in a weird way the two go together cause it is my journey to a better me and healing.  When I miscarried I felt SO ALONE and lost.  But now I know that is not the case.  I wish I would have known that a year and a half ago.  I do know this now, so I want to help others.  I want other women to have a place to come to share there emotions and help get them through something that at the time you feel you will never make it through. If I can help just ONE woman to feel support through a tragic time, then I will feel I have helped.  That is not to say I do not want to help more than one person!  I have to say I owe thanks to my friend Kristin Cook (http://dearbabycook.blogspot.com/).  She has just done such amazing things and I hope once I get settled into school and know how to manage my time well that I can be more involved in her movement and can help more women out.

Along with baby loss is also TTC or infertility problems.  All go together because the end problem is loss of a baby.  Even if you have not been pregnant and miscarried or lost the pregnancy you still have loss.  All of the above can take a toll on a woman and even make a woman feel less like one.  This is just my opinion and my experiences obviously.  I never knew there was PCOS awareness but there is and it can be a devastating thing to have to go through as I have learned through one of my best friends (http://lovemarriageinfertility.blogspot.com/).  So because I did not know about it I am assuming many people did not.  So I wanted to post some AWESOME links to cool appeal to support both PCOS and infant loss.
http://www.facesofloss.com/
http://www.iamtheface.org/
www.gifts4awareness.com
http://www.projectpcos.org/

Until I get time and emotions to write my entire birth story and loss story, this blog will do.  But I WILL have my loss story posted by the 15th.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. <3 you!! Thank you for spreading the word about PCOS, it's something many people have no clue about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Megan. I am so happy for you and Grayson. Aren't babies great? Even if you don't get any sleep. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete